For all enquiries
Email : email@example.com Phone : +44 7785 115 003
- Cycling: we can arrange for a range of bicycles (road bikes, mountain bikes, hybrids) to be delivered to the house prior to arrival, for the whole or part of your stay. There are fantastic designated cycle paths which follow the pretty banks of the Serchio river. You can take a short, flat 15 minute ride into Lucca, or continue for an hour or more to explore further afield. For the more dedicated cyclists there are many beautiful rides in the hills surrounding the house.
- An outdoor covered loggia providing the perfect space for classes: allowing you to enjoy the ambient weather whilst being in the shade.
- Jogging: There are lots of possibilities for jogging direct from the house. A favourite route is to run up the short hill from the house and along a stunning ridge, which winds through olive groves and vineyards, and enjoys views of Lucca and it’s hills, and the Apuane mountains beyond. An equally popular route is to jog along the river banks on the wide, quiet cycles paths.
- Massage: An excellent local masseuse is available to visit the house to sooth tired muscles after a day of exercise.
- Mountain & Coastal Hikes: there is an extensive network of marked hiking trails in the nearby Apuane mountains. Situated in national parkland, these marble mountains offer stunning views to the coast and the Appennine mountains. The trails are graded by difficulty and some of the routes run through the middle of the marble quarries. There are several mountain refuges to provide sustenance along the way, or an overnight stay in simple but remote accommodation. For a spectacular day’s hiking take the train to Cinque Terre and hike along the craggy coastline between the 5 fishing villages, stopping for a delicious seafood lunch along the way.
- Dinner out at one of many fabulous restaurants and trattorias either in Lucca or the surrounding hills.
- A local Fitness, Spa & Beauty Centre is less than 2 kilometers from the house in the village of Sant Alessio. Visit the Ego fitness centre for some wonderful pampering. It has a spa area with steam room and sauna, and a full range of beauty treatments.
- A choice of dining areas: eat outside on the terrace overlooking the pool, under the covered loggia for some shade, or in the cosy dining area next to the wood burning fire indoors.
- A well stocked wine cellar to compliment your delicious home cooked meals. Operated on an honesty basis, you can help yourself to the range of Italian wines and pay the house manager at the end of the week.
- Local family-run shops readily available with a broad range of seasonal produce.
- Cooks who can lead tours of local butchers, fruit & vegetable shops, bakeries, cheese shops, pasta shops etc.
- Visits to local frantoia to view olive pressing (in season), wineries, pasta making factory etc.
- Wine tastings at the house or at one of the area’s oldest wine merchants, in their spectacular Roman cellars in the centre of Lucca.
- Lunches or dinners in some of the best restaurants and trattorias in Lucca and the surrounding hills.
The English and Italian speaking staff can support the organizers of courses and retreats in a variety of ways, so that they can focus on maximizing their clients’ enjoyment. For example, local cooks can be provided in a variety of different formats to suit your needs.
It may be that you would like a cook to produce particularly healthy meals and snacks for fitness retreats, or simply someone to do grocery shopping, some food preparation and clearing away, where guests or organizers want to do the cooking themselves.